Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A hat full of rabbits and a lovely campaign for the Sci Fi Channel's Alice


Forgive me readers for it has been six months since my last post.

Rather than regale you of with tales of all the things I've been exploring in the space I created by getting off this darn blog, I'm just going to get into it.


I spotted this today via Contagious. It's a Fallon created campaign to promote Alice, a contemporary re-imagining of Alice in Wonderland that aired on the Sci Fi Channel in the States last December.

This is a smart, creative, beautiful campaign, one that did something a bit interesting with banner ads (you heard right) and launched a series of eye catching building projections. All the pieces fit together in a way that creates a genuine story and helped deliver the channel's best ever numbers for a Sunday night show.

This little video tells all.



And how can you not love the casting of Kathy Bates as the Queen of Hearts?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that would be also wonderful to see this Alice in Wonderland. I've download and watched free online movies of Alice in Wonderland at http://downloadmoviesfree.net so I can watch it with my kids and share them one of the niciest adventure/fantasy movie of all time.

Mike Minzes said...

Very cool blog. I will be back for more!

MaryClare said...

Kathy Bates as the Queen of hearts? Infinitely superior casting to Helena Bonham Carter in Tim Burton's version!